Sunday, May 24, 2015

Top 10: My Favorite Phone Apps

Hey everyone! Welcome to the first re-installment of my top 10 lists! I used to do this on my old Youtube channel, and it was always a favorite between my viewers and I. Everyone is encouraged to share their favorites with every list that I make.

For the first list, I wanted to keep it simple and do my top ten favorite phone apps. I have to admit, I didn't get my first phone until I was 18, and I've only had a smart for for a couple years. That being said, my phone is definitely one of my go tos to cure boredom on my breaks at work or when I don't feel like firing up my laptop or doing something productive. I definitely go back and forth between my favorites, but these are my top ten of all time.

These are in no particular order, aside from how they are displayed on my phone. All of these apps are free, by the way!

(source)

1. Instagram

This is probably the first app I check every morning when I'm waking up and trying to motivate myself to get out of bed. I love posting pictures, liking my friends pictures, and going through different tags for inspiration.

2. Facebook

This is definitely one of my favorite apps to check when I'm on a fifteen minute break at work. I don't always check Facebook on my laptop, so it's convenient to have the notifications sent to my phone when one of my best friends posts something.

3. Pinterest

I've noticed that a lot of apps kind of suck in comparison to the actual website, but sometimes I actually prefer the Pinterest app to the website. It's so easy to use and I love the (semi) new feature of being able to send pins to people, because my friends and I used to always have to send each other separate messages via text or Facebook when we found a pin that we thought they would like.

4. Snapchat

Not to toot my own horn, but I have been called "The Queen of Snapchat" on multiple occasions. Seriously, you get to make ugly faces to amuse your friends, and after ten seconds it's gone forever. Best. Idea. Ever.

5. Pyramid Saga: Solitaire

I don't remember why I downloaded this app, but I'm really glad I did. It's basically solitaire with a twist. Each level has a different layout, and as you level up there's different obstacles to overcome and power boosters and you can use.

6. Candy Crush Soda

I honestly didn't get into the original Candy Crush game until most people were already "over it." When Candy Crush Soda came out, my mom kept telling me how she liked it a lot more than the original, and after downloading it-I have to agree. There's more ways to make combos, the characters and backgrounds are cuter, and the levels are challenging without being obnoxiously hard to beat.

7. Sudoku

I've loved Sudoku since I was a little kid and even own a wooden Sudoku set, but sometimes I like to just play it on my phone so I can relax in bed while doing it. There's multiple Sudoku apps, so I downloaded a couple and played around on each one to decide which one was the best for me.

8. Bingo Pop

This is another app based off of a pre-existing game. I've had a couple other bingo games before, but the Bingo Pop one is definitely my favorite. You play the round, and can win little prizes and helpful boosters for the next time you play. If you get a bingo that round, you get to pull a slot machine that gives you another prize as well. You can also buy boosters with "money" you earn from each round to help you win.

9. IMDb

Almost every time I'm watching a tv show or movie, I see someone who looks familiar, but I can't place their name or figure out what else they were in, so I go to the IMDb app to figure it out. Before my boyfriend told me to download the app, I would get so annoyed trying to figure out who certain people were in because I don't always have my laptop turned on.

10. Gmail

This app isn't very exciting, but I love being able to access my e-mail on the go. I also get notifications if someone in my contact book sends me an e-mail, which is really convenient. I also love that I can jump from my personal account to my business account with the press of a button.


Well, that's it for my first re-installment of my Top 10 series. What other Top 10 lists would you like to see and what are your favorite apps?

Until next time...

Stay Stellar,
Paige Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment