Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Roomspiration

I'm currently in the process of decorating my room. When I lived in Iowa, I never put much effort into decorating my room, because the first two years were spent in dorms where I would have to move out at the end of the school year, and it didn't seem worth it for me to put in the time and effort to decorate a room I'd only be in for 9-10 months. After that, I lived in an apartment and just never got the motivation to make my space uplifting and inspiring.

Since moving into this new house, I've been debating on whether or not I should put the effort in, because my boyfriend and I are trying to move out within the next year, but I figured I should still get my furniture painted and some decor made so that when we do move into our own place we have less work to do to make it feel like home.

I got lucky in that my boyfriend cares more about our future "office" room than the bedroom, and is giving me creative freedom in decorating our room. We currently have super depressing dark grey walls with furniture primed with grey primer and a black and white comforter on our bed...obviously very inspiring and uplifting. I've always loved rooms filled with bright colors and a mix of cute and tacky decorations, so that's the look I'm going for.

I've been saving pictures for inspiration and wanted to share some of them with all of you. As always, click on the picture for a larger view. Sources are underneath each photo.


I love when vanities have a bunch of decorations surrounding the mirror. I had some hanging up at my apartment in Iowa and it made getting ready more fun.

source

I definitely won't have a Ouija board anywhere in my room (because I'm not trying to get dead), but I love everything else about this picture.

source

I love how they mixed childlike toys with fancy perfume bottles. Definitely going to have to borrow this idea!

(source unknown-if you know the source, please let me know so I can properly credit them)

I love the mix of neon and dark colors in this room.

source

I'm always looking for cute ways to store stuff. A brightly painted wall cupboard is now on my list.

source

I love that this bed is a mix of princess, grandma, and child.

(original source has been deactivated since I saved the picture)

I need my closet to look like this.

source

I actually already use my dresser (and a shelving unit next to it) so store my craft supplies. Right now our tv and some random stuff are on top of it...I like the way this looks much better!

source

I can't wait to get started on everything! I'll be posting before and after pictures and project tutorials as I work through everything of course. Are any of you working on any fun projects right now?



Stay Stellar,
Paige Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment